Wishlist RPi [1.0.8]

Posted by stylesuxx 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Re: Wishlist RPi [1.0.8]
February 12, 2016 07:03AM
Not sure if this is possible but this might be cool to implement some extra security.

[www.hotscripts.com]

A php script thats
A virus checking class that is easy to integrate into other scripts. Uses a simple plugin system to add support for different virus checking systems. Ships with support for virus scanners Clam AV, F-Prot, and Vexira as well as external hash lookup sites such as VirusTotal.com and Comodo.

even if this script doesn't work, security from people using our PBs to distribute trojans is something i think should be looked into.
The main downside i see if having to plug your PB into a IC weekly or daily in order to obtain updates. Also it might be heavy for the openwrt version.
February 12, 2016 09:30AM
Hmm interesting idea. But I do not now how applicable that ist. As you say, the PB would need to be connected to the Internet once in a while to get updates. Was trojan distribution via PB a problem you ran into? Also I do not know if it wouldn't just be easier to plug the USB stick into your Box where you have your AV running and check it that way. Or simply disallow upload of files with certain extensions.
February 13, 2016 09:28AM
Yes it is, you see i have a few PBs in public places, like coffee shops. I sell them to owners with a custom landing page for that particular business. I did run into someone distributing a trojan via a .doc file. Obviously using the macro exploit. localized AV seems more of a solution then limiting the usability of the PB by limiting the file types.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2016 09:29AM by damavox.
February 13, 2016 09:37AM
how about this one it seems more do-able than my other ideas.
The Calibre' book server is something i always wanted but could never get it working on my openwrt versions.
It'd be cool if it came standard or something similar like a content server with thumbnails and description.
February 13, 2016 05:07PM
That indeed sound very interesting and doable. In fact I recall reading about someone doing this somewhere here in this forum. I'll add this to the list.
February 23, 2016 11:26AM
In my test to see if i could get the COPS server running. I keep getting a redirect back to the homepage, i also attempted to install elgg and humhub social networks and encountered the same results, probably something easy for you pros but i am novice to amateur at best. I think elgg will be difficult because it requires .htaccess and the one provided is made for apache. The COPS server is a definite once the fine details get worked out.
March 13, 2016 06:52PM
I am closing this topic now. Wish time is over for the next release. I added issues to the gh repo accordingly:
[github.com]

Thank you for all your suggestions.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.