AP not showing up

Posted by Bidgey225 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
AP not showing up
March 21, 2016 08:25AM
Hey i'm pretty new to this stuff, but I decided that a Pi(rate) box would be a cool project. I'm running an old model B, with a really cheap USB WiFi card from eBay (which is probably the issue, but I can't afford much better). I have gotten to step five on the main tutorial, and I'm not seeing the AP. There's nothing on the help page that has made much of a difference, I'm hoping one of you more experienced guys can help.

Thanks!
Re: AP not showing up
March 24, 2016 10:02AM
I guess you have a WiFi adapter that does not support AP, or is not supported by us. Which Wifi Stick do you have exactly?
Re: AP not showing up
April 04, 2016 01:53AM
The wifi stick I used works as an AP through windows with a different application, and works with Raspbian for normal use. When I look at device manager the stick shown up as 802.11n USB Wireless LAN Card, with manufacturer as Railink. I can's find anything else on it, there is no model number listed on the eBay page I bought it from.