Why no download button on the home page?

Posted by jackrooster 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Why no download button on the home page?
May 12, 2016 04:45PM
Why isn't there a download button or something on home page? I got Piratebox to share stuff with friends but I have to explain to them how to do it because it is not very obvious,
Re: Why no download button on the home page?
May 12, 2016 05:19PM
If its not obvious, you have dumb friends. But on a nicer note, just change the "Click to Browse Files" text to "Download" on the main page. It is located at /opt/piratebox/www/index.html on the server. Also, you can edit the Header Text that currently explains what piratebox is, to instructions on how to download files. (click Browse files, right-click>save as on the file you want to save, ect.)

PirateBox Installs:
2x Zsun's (both testing, one with serial interface)
A5-V11 (mostly for OpenWRT testing DIY)
2x RPi Zero's
(one active in car 24/7, gets a lot of hits at Walmart, movie theaters and the mall)
2x RPi3's (both home servers, one Ubuntu custom install along side a ton of other services)
1x RPi2 (currently work server)
May 12, 2016 05:37PM
Thanks for the info. It was just curious to me that there is this huge dialog box and button for uploading and this teeny tiny text below for downloading. I just seems to me that there should be an equally sized download button. Thanks again. I'll make those changes. Now, if only PirateBox natively supported NTFS drives....
May 12, 2016 06:03PM
jackrooster Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>Now, if only PirateBox
> natively supported NTFS drives....

It's possible, but requires installing extra packages. Some of us dropped the fat32 and opted for ext4 filesystem (linux native) but you loose the functionality of being able to read the usb drive on a windows computer. I'm working on a web based file administration solution in my spare time. Currently I manage the "Shared" file either via the shell command or via sftp. eXtplorer is PHP and javascript based. Piratebox 1.1 will have PHP but turned off by default. I will be testing with eXtplorer and it may/may-not be in a future release of Piratebox 1.2 or above. I dont know what all is on the list for 1.1, but we are doing major overhauls/improvments to Piratebox Webserver and builds for the CC release of OpenWRT. I will also be writing customization scripts to change some features in the future. sort of like theme packages or like what you wanted to have done. But that may not be till Piratebox 1.2+

PirateBox Installs:
2x RPi Zero's
(one active in car 24/7, gets a lot of hits at Walmart, movie theaters and the mall)
2x RPi3's (both home servers, one Ubuntu custom install along side a ton of other services)
May 12, 2016 06:04PM
how familiar are you with shell commands in linux?

PirateBox Installs:
2x RPi Zero's
December 02, 2016 05:44PM
Sorry for the late reply, been travelling. I'm really good at cutting and pasting text in the terminal!