A few questions, Pi 3/1.1/webserver

Posted by LeanMeSilly 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
A few questions, Pi 3/1.1/webserver
December 15, 2016 07:49PM
Hey everyone, I am back playing with this again, I love it as it has the wifi connection all built in and all that but I have a problem, or maybe a few.

1:Changing Domain
How do I change the priatebox.lan to somethingelse.something.

2:Taking fill owner shop over the webserver
How do I take full control over the webserver and maybe add other custom urls like that.this. another domain.lan, soemthing.olan

3: Stop it redircting to /content
It keeps going to the /content fold all the time even if I want to go to another folder I give me permissions to the shared folder and added /test/ with a index/php but from what I can see it really fast shows hello I think two fast to catch it and then loads /content/ no matter what I do.

4:is it possible?
Is it possible to add a ftp server if 2 is possible, I want to set this up in my local area where a few of us own a little text based php blog/site but we all need access to the right folders.

5:Hide SSID
Is it possible to hide SSID, also what would be the best way to stop outside access from someone stealing them hardware or accessing it from wifi if they bypass wifi means, I don't want anyone to find it and just have access only the groups that know how to access it should be able to access it.

Thanks for any help guys, Also I like to state right now I am a dummy at this so very simple step by step steps lol I can ssh in, I been able to copy the commands on the main screen, I been able to add myself to /opt/piratebox/share so I can add new content via filezilla but from this point I am stuck, I have no idea on commands and bash, I am dyslexic so PLEASE lol smiling smiley if you can, be kind lol.
Re: A few questions, Pi 3/1.1/webserver
December 15, 2016 08:24PM
Also forgot is there away to make the chat update ever now and then? its not updating on mobile devices and makes it look like its done nothing.
December 20, 2016 08:32PM
chat update issues are mostly date/time issues and usually only the first post...for some weird reasons.
We tried to improve the javascript ajax call several times :-/
December 20, 2016 08:38PM
> 1:Changing Domain
> How do I change the priatebox.lan to
> somethingelse.something.

Since 1.0 there is a command in install_piratebox.sh ; this is the only thing needed.

/opt/piratebox/bin/install_piratebox.sh /opt/piratebox/conf/piratebox.conf hostname <new hostname>

>
> 2:Taking fill owner shop over the webserver
> How do I take full control over the webserver
> and maybe add other custom urls like that.this.
> another domain.lan, soemthing.olan

You need to change lighttpd.conf in /opt/piratebox/conf/lighttpd and add hostname depending sections.

>
> 3: Stop it redircting to /content
> It keeps going to the /content fold all the
> time even if I want to go to another folder I give
> me permissions to the shared folder and added
> /test/ with a index/php but from what I can see it
> really fast shows hello I think two fast to catch
> it and then loads /content/ no matter what I do.

If you done everything right: You have browser cache issues
If not, then you have issues like wrong persmissions or not accessible folders (wrong url). The redirect only happens on a 404 - file not found error.

>
> 4:is it possible?
> Is it possible to add a ftp server if 2 is
> possible, I want to set this up in my local area
> where a few of us own a little text based php
> blog/site but we all need access to the right
> folders.

yes. Checkout proftpd or pureftp: [wiki.archlinux.org]
You can also use sftp (via ssh protocoll).

>
> 5:Hide SSID
> Is it possible to hide SSID, also what would
> be the best way to stop outside access from
> someone stealing them hardware or accessing it
> from wifi if they bypass wifi means, I don't want
> anyone to find it and just have access only the
> groups that know how to access it should be able
> to access it.

Add the following two lines to /opt/piratebox/conf/hostapd.conf

# Hide SSID: 0 (don't), 1 (use emtpy), 2 (use ASCII 0)
ignore_broadcast_ssid=0
But hiding SSID does not really hide the hotspot.. it is just not visible via beacons, but wiretapping is still possible.

Hope that helps,
best regards
Matthias

This is only my signature.
December 23, 2016 01:21PM
That is enough for me to restart I have done all but I be doing this from Linux this time around and I going to re-download the image again, see what's happening, there was a wall there and I get little blue in the face then red lol.

I have put some of my ideas in my other posts and there is a few complex walls what really confuse things or some of the tut's are out of date, well some of the wiki links are now blank, so the user based tut's are old or do it the wrong way around.

I think new SD card, New pot of coffee try again, I also want to try it on a router I have two see if that has a better option.