Running on my zero flawlessly

Posted by D347h 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Running on my zero flawlessly
February 22, 2017 10:57AM
Finally legitimate use for my giant antenna. All the basic functionalities are flawless.
Im interested in additional services. I've skimmed these boards and am about to install a 'media center' mod.
Im going to continue to search for more cool functionality. But,
I'd appreciate a pro-tip on what's out there or what I may not be seeing.
What can I add??

Appreciate any feedback thanks!
Re: Running on my zero flawlessly
February 24, 2017 08:09AM
Hi,
glad to hear it is running flawlessly :-) - usually we see only complains.

You can stream available mp3s with a kind of shoutcast daemon?

Piratebox' RPi-image is built ontop of Archlinux. So you can add any ArchLinux Software (which is arm compatible).

best regards Matthias
March 02, 2017 06:20PM
I have a zero and I'm planning on installing in the next day or two, but I was curious, have you got an NFS share running?

I'm intending on making a battery powered (off of a mophie tank) nfs share for allowing multiple people to watch media using direct access instead of UPNP or DLNA. The android tablet will use Kodi and the iphones likely VLC.

I'm really hoping my Edimax runs out of the box b/c raspbian hasn't worked regardless of which tutorial I follow (I've tried like 5 of them)
March 02, 2017 07:37PM
Give it a try. Stylsuxxs wrote a clever script, which decides which hostap version is needed to apply to the wifi adapter.

About nfs share, this is the way to go: [wiki.archlinux.org]
And you need to allow 192.168.77.*

best regards
Matthias