pi_mesh

Posted by junnot 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
pi_mesh
April 03, 2017 10:52AM
I opened a topic on mesh but am sorry for another
please I intend to us raspberry pi with a wireless router connected via Ethernet cable. but my question is will the mesh feature be available mind you raspberry to raspberry openwrt is dead to me

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2017 01:16PM by junnot.
Re: pi_mesh
April 11, 2017 07:53PM
Hi,
until 1.1.3 we had alot issues with multiple wifi cards at the RPi. This is one of the reason, why mesh feature is not available on RPi. As you already mentioned OpenWrt to RPi is not possible. :-(

So, you can hack something together based upon my script, but what do you want to achieve with the mesh network?

Best regards Matthias
April 12, 2017 09:35PM
I just want a similar thing in openwrt feature were files are copied from one master raspberry pi to slave raspberry pi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2017 09:39PM by junnot.
April 13, 2017 04:27AM
yeah, but on openwrt there is no replication today smiling smiley
May 26, 2017 11:31PM
can u give me a link or info to go about it
May 27, 2017 09:05PM
No, the master slave copy feature is only librarybox based and is not implemented in PirateBox at all.
Two days ago, I wrote down a series of steps which allow the same operation mode on RPi then it is implemented on OpenWrt today.

You can find some (bit outdated) information here [piratebox.aod-rpg.de] and this is the (considered as work in progress) implementation steps for the pi [piratebox.cc]

best regards Matthias
May 27, 2017 11:26PM
thanks for your great effort towards this project muah