Damaged USB Port

Posted by Gentmach 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Damaged USB Port
June 24, 2017 09:21PM
So... I was carrying my Piratebox in my pocket when the USB port got damaged. (I wanted to be more discreet than carrying a lunchbox around. Then a dog rolled on top of me. I know that it was stupid.)

Essentially, it ripped the black pins support and the metal clips out of one port on my Raspberry Pi 3. The other three work fine. I can still chat, upload files and stream. Unfortunately the forum no longer works. I uploaded some files and now I get a white page. I think it had worked after the USB damage so now I am confused.

I have questions. Can I get parts to repair the USB if needed? Or is there a line that I can edit to reroute the forum destination?

What are my options?
Re: Damaged USB Port
June 27, 2017 08:16AM
Hi,
if your other USB ports work correctly, you should use one of them.
Maybe the filesystem on the USB stick has filesystem errors... so you might double check it.
Also you should try to login and have a look at the system, if the mount of the usb stick worked:

mount | grep sd
ls -l /opt/piratebox
ls -l /opt/piratebox/share
dmesg | grep sd 
dmesg | grep fat

best regards
Matthias
Re: Damaged USB Port
July 01, 2017 12:21AM
Naturally I would check this after starting the process of reinstalling the Piratebox.

The USB worked fine. I loaded more movies on to it. It was like it couldn't find the path to the forum.

But I just reinstalled the whole thing and started over. I bought a carrying case for it so if the problem happens again, we will start testing. Thank you for responding though