Pi zero cannot ssh

Posted by Jollyroger514 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Pi zero cannot ssh
August 16, 2017 03:06AM
I followed the instructions and successfully uploaded the piratebox piratebox_rpi_1.1.3-1-19-03-2017.img.zip to my sd card. I have a 16gb flash drive connected, an edimax wifi dongle, and a usb to ethernet adapter connected through my makerspot pi zero usb hub v4.0. My ethernet adapter shows that it is connected to my router, and my pi zero's led is constantly on. My edimax dongle led stays on as well. I've tried to ssh into it, but have been unsuccessful. Also I unplugged it and plugged it back in. Any help is appreciated and sorry that I'm a noob.
Re: Pi zero cannot ssh
August 16, 2017 05:26PM
Hi,
did you unzip the image first. Did you get an IP resolution? Or is the issue limited to SSH only.

best regards Matthias
August 17, 2017 01:51AM
I did unzip it first then flashed it onto the sd card. When it's plugged in and I try to ssh into it the connection times out and does not prompt me for a password or anything.
August 17, 2017 03:49AM
But you are able to ping?
And you tried to connect via the USB ethernet adapter or via wifi?
Do you see the piratebox wifi?
August 17, 2017 08:47PM
The wifi does show up. However, I still cannot ssh into it using the "ssh alarm@alarmpi" because it timed out. I tried to connect to the wifi and it said unable to connect.
August 18, 2017 10:41PM
I fixed it. I just had to unplug the ethernet cable
August 19, 2017 09:32AM
Strange...