Power I/O - no more message board?

Posted by KalashniKEV 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Power I/O - no more message board?
March 04, 2018 12:46AM
Hello,

I'm a total n00b with very little skills... plus I'm still trying to figure out what I can do with this and how it should work.

I'm running "piratebox_rpi2_1.1.3-1-19-03-2017.img" on an RPi 3 with a 32GB micro SD and using only the organic WiFi.

I followed all of the (excellent) instructions including post-installation commands (not really knowing anything about Linux or what I am doing). These included, of course: sdcard_share.sh, "Kareha Image and Discussion Board" activation, "UPnP Media Server" whatever start/ enable, and I did not mess with the config file.

I tested out all functionality, and everything was perfect- I made a few chat posts in different names/ colors, Started a thread in the message board and responded to it, Uploaded a small image file. Excellent.

Then I wanted to see if I could power off of a 5v battery, fired the thing up again, and noticed the chat gets dumped on shutdown (OK, not surprising), the file was still there (Yay! but how do I delete it?), and the message board link takes you to a white page that now says "you must be connected to the internet."

Same thing when I went back to the regular power supply.

SO... two questions...

1) How do I get the message board set up so it comes back when I fire up. Does it save the posts, or dump them each power cycle?

2) How do I manage/ delete the files that get uploaded?

Thanks!!
Re: Power I/O - no more message board?
March 04, 2018 07:04PM
Hi,

noticed the chat gets dumped on shutdown
The shoutbox is written to disk and you can disable the reset of the shoutbox in piratebox.conf.

The files are persistent as well, you need to delete them for yourself from the shared folder.
As in this version, the user is not yet allowed to delete them, the command would be like

sudo rm /opt/piratebox/share/Shared/<myfile>

The other question

1) How do I get the message board set up so it comes back when I fire up. Does it save the posts, or dump them each power cycle?
What the hell happened to the message board! This is not normal. Can you fire up your PirateBox, go visit the Imageboard and then you please post the content of these files here
/opt/piratebox/tmp/break.log
/opt/piratebox/tmp/error.log
Thanks.

If you just powered off your device (without a proper shutdown), you may encountered filesystem corruption. :-/

best regards Matthias
March 10, 2018 02:44AM
I formatted the card and I'm trying again with "Raspberry Pi(rate)Box 1.1.4."

I think I know where I messed up... what is the "imageboard admin password?"

Is that the one I set for "password for alarm" or the one for root?

They both just take me back to "alarm@alarmpi ~}$"
March 19, 2018 07:43AM
I do not understand the question.
If you do the "board-autoconf.sh" step, then you are SETTING the password for the imageboard.
If you used an USB stick for your files, then the imageboard from before the update is restored (and the old password is valid)

best regards Matthias