I forgot my password Piratebox.

Posted by phantom_83 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
I forgot my password Piratebox.
May 04, 2014 03:31PM
Hello! I have a problem! Failure has occurred that I had in my pendrive piratebox with tp-link wr3040. I got a new flash drive and when I try to connect via telnet connection refused tells me, but if I try to access via ssh-l root 192.168.1.1 asks for my password and, unfortunately, do not remember which one has put it, I tried the general ones but nothing to do. How can I restore it? Reading on the internet I seemed to understand that there is a security mode for my tp-link mr3040 st. 2.1.
How do I?
Re: I forgot my password Piratebox.
May 05, 2014 09:14AM
all ok. I settled into failsafe and telnet.
May 05, 2014 04:13PM
sorry for not answering in time sad smiley

I'm glad you found a solution.
May 15, 2014 12:46PM
Hi,
I have almost the same issue but i'm not at all clued up with how to use Terminal. I can follow instructions though.

I have swapped out my Flash drive for a 64gb and not the wifi won't work.

It might be because I pressed the reset button on my 3040 V2.2. I was going to install Library Box.

I'd rather the latest PirateBox install but at the moment i'm stuck with no admin password and little clue as to what i'm doing.

Any tips or what i could drop into Terminal would be much apreciated.

May 18, 2014 08:34PM
Hi,

Did you move over the files to the new usb stick?
Is the new usb stick FAT32 and USB2.0 ?

Did you try "telnet" instead of "ssh"? In case, you haven't set a password.

Example steps for the MR3020 to get into the failsafe mode:

Connect the MR3020 to your computer via Ethernet.
Set up your of the computer to 192.168.1.2 (This step differs from OS to Os of your computer.)
Start to ping 192.168.1.1 (this is the failsave IP) infinitive
Power the MR3020 on and when the WPS Button starts to blink , push it (it will blink faster)
You see the ping getting response
telnet 192.168.1.1
run mount_root
Now you can edit files

On the MR3040 I suggest to press the reset button a few times during bootup.
To change the password, run
passwd

If you press the reset button on a running box, you won't reset the configuration.

Hope that helps
Matthias
November 27, 2017 09:16PM
Could you please give more specific instructions for what to do. I had everything set up, but then my password stopped working. I decided to start over and reformatted my USB drive, but now I can't get reset my router. I am locked out of everything. I can't use Putty because my password is not being accepted (Access denied). I don't understand about the failsafe IP, how to do that.
Thanks.
November 28, 2017 04:58AM
Hi,
if you want to start over, did you tried this method: reinstall with autoflash

best regards Matthias
November 28, 2017 07:31PM
Hi, Thanks for the reply. I am not sure how to do step 6 - "Copy the corresponding image to your device".
Thanks again.
November 28, 2017 08:02PM
I figured out what step 6 meant. I got it working!
Thanks again!