Bricked MR3020 (e) failed to erase block

Posted by sniper_eyes 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Bricked MR3020 (e) failed to erase block
December 27, 2014 07:15AM
Hi,

I just bricked my mr3020 after I tried to restore to the original firmware and got this "(e) failed to erase block". It's kind of a hard bricked and all the led lights except the power button are blinking with 2 seconds interval. I was unable to enter the failsafe mode like I did before when I first bricked it. Is there still a way to repair this or do I just need to buy a new one?

Thank you very much smiling smiley

Snipy
Re: Bricked MR3020 (e) failed to erase block
December 30, 2014 02:53PM
Hi,
maybe you can try to get serial access and flash it using tftpd.
I encountered such an error once, when the flash failed... the bootloader tried to boot the OS system in a loop, what caused the blinking leds.

regards
Matthias
January 27, 2015 01:28PM
Same problem here sad smiley I Think i found a solution, but didnt tried it yet:

[ediy.com.my]
December 15, 2015 05:05AM
Just went through this myself. DONT REBOOT OR DISCONNECT SSH

while you have an active connection to the device, keep it.

the problem is the firmware you are using to restore. You need to get the trimmed version listed here on openwrt website

[q.gs]

Here is the link to the page [wiki.openwrt.org]

search for the word "stripped" to find the correct section describing this issue.

hope that helps someone in the future

-Matt
anonymous
December 29, 2016 11:15PM
Yes it did help me and I hope it will help someone else in the future as well ! Thank you for your contribution to the Great Library smiling smiley