Need help with Post Installation!!!! Not sure if I did the initial installation correctly. How do I fix that? Please Help!

Posted by Rjddrum 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Hi all! I am trying to setup Pirate Box on a TL-MR3040 and it seems like I am doing something wrong. I did the initial installation and I am not sure if the SSID is suppose to be the "Pirate Box-Share Freely" at the end of the first installation. Mine says something like VISIO-TV-Some numbers. So there is that problem and not sure that maybe I have to complete the post-installation for that SSID and everything to be finished. I also really need help with the post-installation. I got up to the root@192.168.1.1 but have no idea how to continue. Can someone push me in the right direction?? Thank You!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2014 04:25PM by Rjddrum.
Hey,

yes the default SSID should come up if you finish the installation. Did you go through all the steps of the installation guide?
As for post-installation steps, you simply have to follow the guide and copy-paste the commands to the terminal from
http://piratebox.cc/openwrt:diy

Could you post the outputs of

cat /etc/config/wireless
cat /mnt/usb/install.log
I followed all the steps of the installation. I plugged the Ethernet cable in the M3040 right out of the box and did everything the instructions told me. When I upgraded the firmware I left it alone for a couple hours and didn't touch it just in case. The WIFI green LED was still doing a slow blink. Let me do those inputs you told me to do and see what happens. Thank You so much for your help!
It was the USB!!! It works! Thank You so Much!!!