MR3040 Installation Issue - Cannot not Telnet in on 192.168.1.1 "Connection Refused"

Posted by Duiyu.A 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Hello!

I am trying to set up my PB on a MR3040 v2.

I went through the process of updating the firmware using the v2 .bin file, waiting for 45 minutes, and for no more restarts or blinking lights/icons.

When I went to PuTTY, to telent in I set selected the "telnet" button and IP address of 192.168.1.1. This results in cmd box opening up followed by error box saying "Network Error: Connection Refused".

It does appear to be broadcasting the "Piratebox - Share Freely" wireless signal though. I also cannot telnet to 192.168.0.1 either, it says "Connection Timed Out".

I do not know how to proceed.

Edit #1: Okay I was eventually able to telnet in and use the passwd command to set my password. However, now when I try to SSH in it asks for a login?? I tried admin, but that did not work and the password I setup says access denied now. I also cannot Telnet into the router.

I can however still access the imageboard and chatroom via ethernet or wireless. Should I just leave it as is, it does appear to be functioning without any SSH commands to activiate the imageboard. I am just confused at this point.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2014 05:19PM by Duiyu.A.
Re: MR3040 Installation Issue - Cannot not Telnet in on 192.168.1.1 "Connection Refused"
July 21, 2014 07:19PM
Hi,
the username is "root"

Matthias

This is only my signature.