IP changed?

Posted by stalkadam 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
IP changed?
October 17, 2014 07:30PM
Hi --

Have managed to reinstall PirateBox onto my TP MR-3040 (read the discussion here) and can see its SSID in my connection tab. I'm able to connect to the network but nothing loads up. I'm assuming this is because of an IP address change but I'm uncertain on how to change it back.

I can SSH into the box (connected via ethernet) using 192.168.1.1, but my Mac's wireless settings claim the box's IP is 192.168.1.155.

Any ideas how to get it so I can connect?

Many thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2014 08:21PM by stalkadam.
Re: IP changed?
October 18, 2014 06:01AM
The pb has two different interfaces. Cable and wifi. And they will have different ip. Try to disconnect from all other connections before you connect to the pb. Your computer may have more than one interface as well, and that may cause conflicts if the pb and your other network operates in the same ip subnet.
October 18, 2014 08:38AM
Hi,
I just have to correct the post above in this sentence

The pb has two different interfaces. Cable and wifi. And they will have different ip.
The PirateBox on OpenWRT have two physicall interfaces,yes. But on OpenWrt they are "bridged" (connected together) to one logical interface. This interface is -when you haven't changed something- configured with the IP 192.168.1.1

Everything else from "NoPiracyHere" is correct.

So, checkout if you really have the correct box via SSH and if you might have IP conflicts with other networks.

Matthias
October 18, 2014 11:13AM
Disconnected my ethernet and connected over wifi. My network settings still claim the box's IP is 192.168.1.155. I can SSH into the box via root@192.168.1.1, but not the other address. Still no landing page when I load any browser.

I know I don't have any IP clashes. Argh!
October 18, 2014 12:41PM
Good to know that it is the same IP for both wifi and cable on OpenWRT.

I suspect that your computer is using network settings it got from an earlier connection. Gateway and IP. Try to unplug the cable, reboot and connect to the pb over wifi without first connecting to any other network. And set wifi to dynamic ip from dhcp. The pb functions as a dhcp-server.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2014 12:44PM by NoPiracyHere.