wps/reset button as off button???

Posted by mikefisher2176 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
wps/reset button as off button???
November 17, 2014 09:14PM
Hello everyone,
New to scene and i'm loving it! My question for the community is this, can the wps/reset button be reprogrammed as an 'off' button with the current customized version of open-wrt? I'm using the mr3020v1 with a lexar 32gb flash drive. I don't know if it makes a difference either but in my mission to catch the best deal on amazon i inadvertantly ordered the mr3020 from moscow, fortunately the original was in english so worries as far as upgrading the firmware. The reason i ask if this is possible with the button is that three or four times now i have unplugged the box(no lights were flashing) and then plugged the drive into my computer to organize files and my computer says there may be an error with the drive and asks to scan for errors. Reluctantly, i have clicked yes and in those times the files i transferred were gone. i'm thinking that maybe i unplugged the box while it was still accessing the drive, causing possible corruption. So, my thought was if i could power off the box with an actual button would eminate this problem. Thanks for any input you guys might have!!
Much appreciated,
Mike
Re: wps/reset button as off button???
November 18, 2014 08:49PM
Hi Mike,
check out this thread: [groups.google.com]

Maybe that helps.

Matthias
Re: wps/reset button as off button???
December 13, 2014 01:56PM
Hi,
I was looking for the same thing. Thank you Matthias for the link, the howto is very good. For me (mr3020 v1.9 + PB1.0 autoinstall) it works.
VolvoX