Final Touch to 1.0.7 french translation : droopy

Posted by ninjaw 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Final Touch to 1.0.7 french translation : droopy
February 24, 2016 04:18PM
Hello,
I almost finnished with translating to french the last piratebox, it was NOT easy and very poorly documented.
I used old french guides for that, and they mention how to translate droopy, but of course it's not the same config files now, and I found lots of already translated droopy sentences in it.

Question is : it's great that droopy is already multilanguage, but .. where the hell can I change that langage ?

PS: I got the last Header and readme precisely translated to french if needed
Re: Final Touch to 1.0.7 french translation : droopy
February 26, 2016 12:54PM
The language is inside droopy itself :-(
I think the language setting is triggered by the browser.

@HEADER & README.txt , please review the development version of the PirateBox, there is already a multi-language feature installed, that should already deliver a translated version. Maybe it needs more improvement.

best regards
Matthias
February 26, 2016 05:14PM
Thanks for your help but I found it myself, it should be noted somewhere :

Line 731 vi /opt/piratebox/bin/droopy

screenshot here : [ninjaw.files.wordpress.com]

here are my french 1.0.7 versions just in case :
[ninjaw.free.fr]
[ninjaw.free.fr]
[ninjaw.free.fr]

I also tried to translate forum on usb but it dosent seem to do anything ? (ssh is sending me to usb whatever)
[ninjaw.free.fr]
[ninjaw.free.fr]

Anyway thanks for the tip, i never tried the dev section.
February 27, 2016 12:30PM
You are only changing the default language in droopy. Droopy decides the correct language usually for itself. This is done via browser setting, but maybe there is room for improvements.

The imageboard is a bit tricky. You need to post something, to get the reflecting changes displayed. The reason is, that kareha.pl generates static HTML content instead of dynamically displaying the content. That makes the board very efficient.
February 27, 2016 12:54PM
Thanks, i did see the changes in karea via posting ! About translation in dev section, i only found some codes in php ? Is that what you were mentionning ?
Anyway my box is fully translated now !
February 27, 2016 12:58PM
No, the development version has special HTML tags and a JavaScript Library, which triggers exchanges the html content with a different language-fragments, if needed. winking smiley

If you see it live, you'll understand winking smiley