Having trouble accessing the Piratebox homescreen on my iPhone

Posted by ovchris 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Having trouble accessing the Piratebox homescreen on my iPhone
February 02, 2016 08:59PM
I can access the home screen on my desktop/laptop perfectly fine.
It's just when I try to connect to my MR3020 on my iPhone 6S, it shows 'Safari cannot open the page because it could not connect to the server.'

Can someone help me?
Re: Having trouble accessing the Piratebox homescreen on my iPhone
February 02, 2016 09:17PM
Does it work, when you enter the IP address of the PirateBox directly:

[code=html]http://192.168.1.1[/code]

If so, then there is a static configuration of the DNS server in your iphone, which creates that problems
February 02, 2016 09:39PM
It works when I directly enter that in; however, it does not redirect automatically if I put in another website like google.com or something like that. Is there a fix for this?
February 03, 2016 06:14AM
please check your dns settings of your iphone: [techinch.com]

when it is working on the desktop and not with your iphone, the iphone is configured differently.
On my iphone, it worked

This is only my signature.
Hi there, yep, I'm having the same problem. I had to go to the WiFi settings for PirateBox hotspot and set HTTP PROXY to [Auto] on my iphone and then it eventually worked. I'm guessing most iphones will not be set to this either so wont work. Is there any way around this?
I can't get it to work on my macbook in Safari either. It works occasionally in Chrome web browser.
December 20, 2016 08:27PM
nope, if you have a manual proxy, you need to deactivate it.

Take also care about using URLs without SSL, HTTP only not httpS , because HTTPS is not supported.

best regards Matthias