A Question...

Posted by polycole 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
A Question...
April 15, 2016 11:17PM
Good afternoon Pirate Box forum!

I come to you with a question. So, recently a friend of mine desperately needed a flash drive to reinstall Chrome OS on his chromebook (We use them for school and he had a test next block). The only flash drive I had on me was the one with my pirate box things.

The drive needed to be cleared out so I zipped the pirate box files and stuck them in google drive. Then, I formatted the drive. He used it and I reformatted the drive again.

Now, I've tried to get my pirate box back online but it refuses to connect. I can see the network name and it even has the custom name I set it to however, whenever I try and connect, I cannot.

So far I've tried reformatting the drive one more time and getting the zipped files again. I've also tried researching it online but I don't know what my best path of action is. Should I reset the box and install again? Or is there something else I don't know about that could help?

Your response is greatly appreciated. Thank you so much for your help! smiling smiley
Re: A Question...
April 20, 2016 07:39PM
If you have a zip from all files of your USB stick, then it should be no problem.

You should check the following things:

* Did you setup one partition, so the drive would appear on a linux machine as /dev/sda1 [*] and not only /dev/sda ?
* Are you formatted the drive as FAT32 ?

[*]sda is the device node name on the PirateBox, on you notebook it can be different

If you can answer both question with yes, then something else is wrong

let me know,
best regards
Matthias