(MR3040) Enabled Droopy Now I Can't Connect?

Posted by MonitorZero 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
(MR3040) Enabled Droopy Now I Can't Connect?
September 12, 2016 05:14AM
Hi, new user and I've had my box up and running a few days and wanted to make some changes. I added the connected clients but when I went to enable droopy (as listed here [piratebox.cc]) I restarted the box and now I can't connect to it via Wi-Fi or an ethernet connection?

Have I bricked it?

Thanks for any help! It was fun building this and I really wanted to take it with me around town and school.
Re: (MR3040) Enabled Droopy Now I Can't Connect?
September 12, 2016 05:55PM
Hi,

you mean you absolutely cannot connect to the box, you get no IP from it? I am not sure what could be wrong, this is not really enough information to go on. There was this thread on this previously https://forum.piratebox.cc/read.php?16,15809,15809, I'm not sure if it applies to your case.

You can always get back into your box via Failsafe mode (MR3040), so it is quite unlikely that it would be bricked.

Ubuntuhak, playing and tinkering with Ubuntu!
September 12, 2016 06:13PM
Hi Nargran,

Yes I get no IP from the box. I can see it pop up on my wifi but can never actually connect now through any medium. The only reason I can say I don't get an IP is because I used my Note5 and it said failed to obtain ip address.

I'll try to take a look at the failsafe when I get home.

Thanks for the help!
September 14, 2016 08:43PM
So I tried again and I'm still getting the signal for it but I can't connect. Again failed to obtain ip address.

I tried failsafe mode but it still couldn't connect even on ethernet.

I know I can't provide any trouble shooting but is there anything else I can do?
September 14, 2016 09:07PM
Ok! I can connect with a static ip and came to find out /opt/piratebox/ is completely empty.

I have no idea why or how that happened but I can get in and do what I need.

Could this be as simple as reformatting the usb and going through the install again?
September 20, 2016 03:59PM
ups, probably you got a filesystem error on the filesystem under opt/piratebox... and that results that it is unmountable now.

I suggest to:

- login back to your box
- run (stop command might throw some errors , please ignore)
/etc/init.d/piratebox stop 
/etc/init.d/piratebox updatePB
/etc/init.d/piratebox start

Then the opt/piratebox filesystem is recovered like it is a fresh installation.

Give it a try and then please report back. If you still have issue, please also post the output from the commands listed here: Technical-Summary

best regards
Matthias
April 11, 2017 03:12AM
Bump.
Sorry I completely forgot about this thread. I went through those commands and none of them worked.

Went to the technical summary and right at ls -la /mnt/usb/ There is nothing there???

Sorry for the very long response but I am hoping to get this up and running again!