minidlna - Disable auto scan on boot, disable recreating files.db

Posted by Cantenna 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
minidlna - Disable auto scan on boot, disable recreating files.db
October 31, 2016 03:07AM
Anyone know how to get this done? I'm creating the database on Ubuntu because my mr3020 can't handle it, but piratebox still trys to scan which cause minidlna to become unresponsive after a few reboots and beofr ethat happens I end up with double listings/entries when browsing in minidlna.

I read somewhere I may need to compile minidlna myself to disable this but I was hoping you guys might have a better solution for mesmiling smiley

Also, if you know how to compile minidlna with this disabled, would be greatly appreciated as wellsmiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2016 03:14AM by Cantenna.
Re: minidlna - Disable auto scan on boot, disable recreating files.db
October 31, 2016 07:45PM
Hi,
no, it is much easier smiling smiley
The example piratebox-configuration for minidlna is pointing the minidlna database to /opt/piratebox/tmp, which is cleaned up on each startup.

Create a new directory:

mkdir -p /opt/piratebox/minidlna

Change the entries in /etc/minidlna.conf :
db_dir=/opt/piratebox/tmp
to
db_dir=/opt/piratebox/minidlna

best regards
Matthias
Re: minidlna - Disable auto scan on boot, disable recreating files.db
November 01, 2016 10:09AM
Thank you Matthias. I tried this, database is still getting re-created, adding duplicate entries and crashing.

I was able to find a solution though, I wrote a simple script to auto restore the ubuntu made database every 30 seconds while the router is running. Now its up and running with very few duplicate entries and it doesn't crash.

I guess it could be beneficial if there was a way to re-compile the minidlna binary with auto-scan disabled although this fix works too.

best regards,

Cantenna

Edited 27 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2016 09:59PM by Cantenna.