Hostname doesn't change

Posted by blackestnapkin 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Hostname doesn't change
December 16, 2016 01:43AM
Just wanted to point out that the supplied commands on the OpenWRT mods page doesn't actually seem to do anything. I tried to set the hostname to test.lan/ and it is still redirecting to piratebox.lan/

Is there something I'm missing?
Re: Hostname doesn't change
December 17, 2016 06:27PM
did you change the index.html in opt/piratebox/www?

PirateBox Installs:
2x Zsun's (both testing, one with serial interface)
A5-V11 (mostly for OpenWRT testing DIY)
2x RPi Zero's
(one active in car 24/7, gets a lot of hits at Walmart, movie theaters and the mall)
2x RPi3's (both home servers, one Ubuntu custom install along side a ton of other services)
1x RPi2 (currently work server)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2016 06:28PM by TheExpertNoob.
August 01, 2018 10:29AM
Iam using raspberry pi 0w and I have installed pirate box in that ,after the booting I have executed some steps after flashing ,everything works ,but when I came to change the ssid ,hostname ,I enter the commands which are given PirateBox official website ,after entering those commands,I tried to reboot,but the ssid and hostname didn’t change ,it remains as default
August 09, 2018 06:46PM
First of all, how did you perform the reboot? Did you perform a proper shutdown?
If not, then your changes weren't written to the SD Card (takes up to 5 minutes to save some SDCard life).

If you performed a proper reboot,
which commands did you perform?
Which files did you change?
Can you verify the root filesystem is not read-only?

And remember, this is the subforum for OpenWrt based systems. RPi has a different subforum and uses different techniques and commands! Please open up a new thread in the RPi forum.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2018 06:47PM by Matthias.