Piratebox MR3020 reachable ONLY from mobile

Posted by skanta_man 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Piratebox MR3020 reachable ONLY from mobile
December 29, 2016 02:12PM
Hi all!
I've built my piratebox 3 days ago, using the official guide (I've a tplink MR3020 router).
After the firmware upgrade i couldn't telnet the device from my pc (the router was connected using the ethernet cable) so I couldn't follow the "post installation" part of the guide (flashing went OK so the wifi hotspot it's been created).
I've thought that the device was bricked but i couldn't restore it because i couldn't reach it with telnet or ssh neither from the command prompt on windows (i also used a live cd version of xubuntu and i've tried to telnet it from terminal) or PuTTY.
I didn't know what i had to do, but SURPRISE! trying to connect from mobile i managed to telnet the piratebox and finally to visit the "website" (not automatically redirect, i have to surf manually on 192.168.1.1).
The piratebox is reachable from all my android devices, but i can't use it from my laptop.
How can i solve this? Can I reflash the firmware directly from mobile?
Thank you all
Re: Piratebox MR3020 reachable ONLY from mobile
December 29, 2016 05:00PM
Hello

1. For the redirect, https:// sites are not redirected. Could you try and see if akjhergh.com works for example?
2. Telnet/SSH: does your computer get a valid IP address from the box? Does it show that it has connected to something? If not, then probably it is an IP issue. Perhaps you have an invalid static IP set on your LAN interface? You can try setting a new static IP in the appropriate domain: e.g. 192.168.1.2.
Alternatively, try to connect vie WiFi from your PC and see if it works.

Ubuntuhak, playing and tinkering with Ubuntu!
December 29, 2016 05:31PM
1) "You're goddamn right!" [cit.] Thank you! smiling smiley
2) I've set 192.168.1.3 on my wifi (192.168.1.2 was taken) but nothing changed, neither redirect or surf 192.168.1.1 (The error is
"This site can’t be reached
The connection was reset.
ERR_CONNECTION_RESET").
Do you think it is a piratebox problem? Maybe any configuration file damaged?
January 03, 2017 05:26AM
Please make sure, that yo are really connected to your piratebox. If you are connected via lan and your home network is 192.168.1.x, too - please disable wifi before connecting your computer via cable

best regards Matthias