flashdrive files lost

Posted by radi88 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
flashdrive files lost
April 08, 2017 04:54PM
Hey,

I lost the files on the flashdrive of my piratebox, causing my little tp-link tl-mr3040 to flip its shit and not work at all. Could someone give me a copy of their flashdrive, or point me to a way to re-build the content of the drive so I can get this working again?

Thanks.
Re: flashdrive files lost
April 08, 2017 05:50PM
Check out OpenWrt Troubleshooting. Q: I removed all the files from my USB stick and I'm not able to connect anymore. Is it bricked?

best regards
Matthias
April 08, 2017 06:03PM
I tried that first, didn't work.
April 11, 2017 07:38PM
Then you probably made a mistake? What did you try? Is your USB stick formatted correctly?
More details please.
April 12, 2017 01:15AM
I tried re-flashing via autoflash. Usually ends up doing something like this. This usb stick is absolutely new, nothing previously on it (MBR, FAT32).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2017 01:17AM by radi88.
April 12, 2017 04:26AM
Hi,
yes, your installed image on the router does not have the feature for using auto-flash. You need to do this by hand with command line commands.

like [forum.piratebox.cc] or [piratebox.cc]

best regards Matthias
April 12, 2017 10:26PM
Got it working.

Point of note, if you do a manual re-flash on a 3040 the instructions are the same, but use the reset button instead of the WPS button, and you have a really small window of time to do it in. There is a point where all of the lights flash on all at the same time as the thing turns on, hit it then.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2017 10:27PM by radi88.