Complete noob and something went wrong...

Posted by CarlWhz 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Complete noob and something went wrong...
April 08, 2017 09:58PM
So to explain my whole fiasco. I bought the TP-Link MR 3040. Followed the instructions and got it set up and everything. It was fine until I noticed it I couldn't use it to stream as I guess something went wrong in activating the media server because I couldn't find it. Tried getting in with PuTTY. My previously set password wasn't working and I couldn't find a simple enough work around with my limited knowledge. After trying to reset the password in failsafe mode it wouldn't working saying, can't update password file /etc/passwd . After trying other methods unsuccessfully, I decided to try and reflash it. Though most methods weren't detailed enough for someone like to understand and I don't run linux, I went with the Auto Flash. After putting the usb drive into the router, I noticed it wasn't rebooting like it was supposed to be and it wasn't broadcasting anymore despite the light being on so I couldn't find it. After restarting it, the wireless light wouldn't come on anymore. Went into failsafe mode again and this time I was able to change the password, but it was pointless as I couldn't even connect to the service anymore. I don't know anything is doable at this point but if anyone could help me out I'd really appreciate it. Thank you
Re: Complete noob and something went wrong...
April 11, 2017 07:42PM
At which step of Reflash with USB did you keep stuck?
After reflash, did you try to login via telnet again or just ssh? Are you sure the reflash worked? Which error messages do you get?

More details please,
thank you

best regards
Matthias