I missed up the chat on my piratebox and I can't fix it

Posted by pooleo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
I missed up the chat on my piratebox and I can't fix it
July 20, 2017 02:16AM
I'm a complete noob to this, but I tried in out anyway. I followed the install directions perfectly on my 3020. After less than 15 minutes, I began checking features. The chat work. The file uploader work. The forum didn't work, but that was ok. I hadn't done the post install stuff via telnet yet. Once I did, the forum worked fine, but the chat no longer did. I connected with three different devices after that. I could see chat text line on only one of them. I don't know what I screwed up. Please help?
Re: I missed up the chat on my piratebox and I can't fix it
July 20, 2017 04:10AM
With the activities you described, you can not mess up the chat.
The reason might be a different one.

Do the post installation steps, and a proper reboot later. Then test again.

best regards Matthias
July 20, 2017 04:19AM
I have done the post install steps. It was after I did when the chat starting messing up. Am I missing something?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2017 11:52AM by pooleo.
July 20, 2017 12:52PM
OK, I've done some testing now. I have used my laptop, phone and tablet to connect to the piratebox. All connections were good. Each device could share and download files. Each device has access to the forum and I could blog using all three. Shoutbox is a different matter. On my phone and Laptop, When I tried to send IMs, but it never looked like it worked. All I got is blank screen. On my tablet, however, posts were visible immediately. I could even see all the posts from my phone and laptop, but I had to refresh my tablet's screen. I don't get how to fix this. I'm tempted to reflash the router and take my chances at having it brick.
July 20, 2017 02:49PM
I am sure, that reflashing the browser won't help.
I have one idea:
Set the date of your PirateBox to a date two days before the current day. Then
/opt/piratebox/bin/timesave.sh /opt/piratebox/conf/piratebox.conf save
sync
reboot

After this, try it again. Also have a look at the browser's JS console log if you see jQuery issues.

best regards Matthias
July 20, 2017 03:45PM
Thank you so much. All devices are working perfectly with my piratebox now. You are the man!