SOLVED - MR3020(UN) V1.9 with PB 1.1 - Chat doesn't work & video files loaded don't work

Posted by Balls 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
SOLVED - MR3020(UN) V1.9 with PB 1.1 - Chat doesn't work & video files loaded don't work
February 03, 2018 08:53PM
Good afternoon, I have the 3020(UN) V1.9. Originally, I thought I bricked it using the instructions from the website. After looking over the upgrade instructions, I decided to try using them to get the firmware loaded, utilizing the "auto_flash" folder and it worked. However, it does not allow me to use the chat function and any video file I try loading fails when I try to open them from my laptop or iPhone. Any ideas? Thank you in advance.

Bryan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2018 09:56PM by Balls.
Re: MR3020(UN) V1.9 with PB 1.1 - Chat doesn't work & video files loaded don't work
February 03, 2018 09:21PM
A little follow up. I attempted to use a different laptop and the chat function works and I can see messages that I made using my iPhone. They just don't appear on the phone, only the second laptop. The interesting thing about the two laptops is that both have Windows 10. Also, The disk space function doesn't appear to work but that could be because there is not enough content on the 64GB drive I used to show, maybe? Is there a percentage that is supposed to show up when it does work?
I ended up switching browsers and I can get them to work so its not on the piratebox end. Now I just need to figure out the cause on my end with the computers and phone.
Re: SOLVED - MR3020(UN) V1.9 with PB 1.1 - Chat doesn't work & video files loaded don't work
February 04, 2018 09:24AM
Ok, the first flash already worked, because the auto_flash upgrade mechanism is only available on PirateBox custom firmeware.

Did set the correct date time.? If you are located on a timezone after UTC, you might configure a day after the current one. Sounds strange, but some browsers ignore the advice by the Webserver to reload the file if the Frust loaded files is from the future.
:-(

That behavior is totally Browser related and we can not much do about it :-/
In the most cases a complete refresh let the box work normally. (We already tried adding different circumvention of the problem, but nothing is a 100% solution as you recognized :-( )

Best regards Matthias