New TP Link MR3020 V3 problem

Posted by Lambda 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
New TP Link MR3020 V3 problem
February 05, 2018 06:45PM
Hi, i have recently bought a TP Link MR3020. i wanted to turn it into a piratebox, i followed an (apparently outdated) online tutorial , but the firmware wont upgrade. After some research, i discovered on the openWrt's Wiki that my routeur's version ( V3 ) Wasnt supported at all ! Anyone got any tips ? maybe a way to work something out ?It's kinda annoying because i have purchased this routeur for nothing, since i dont have any use of it.

Thank you.
Re: New TP Link MR3020 V3 problem
February 06, 2018 04:17AM
Hi,

Wasnt supported at all ! Anyone got any tips ? maybe a way to work something out ?It's kinda annoying because i have purchased this routeur for nothing, since i dont have any use of it.
unfortunately, yes. I just looked at the OpenWrt wiki, and it is

a) a totally different architecture
b) No hints about future OpenWrt support

:-( I just added a not to the OpenWrt HowTo page.

Sh**

best regards Matthias
THERE IS AN OPENWRT/LEDE FIRMWARE AND I DID FLASH MY ROUTER WITH IT.
[www.youtube.com]

I USED THE ABOVE TUTORIAL IN ORDER TO DO SO. I WOULD LIKE TO CONVERT MY MR3020 INTO A PIRATEBOX. Kindly reply and let me know if this helps

PS SORRY FOR CAPS
Re: New TP Link MR3020 V3 problem
July 22, 2018 05:16PM
Hi,
I am sorry, that you bought the router for nothing, but we can't make anything about it. V3 is not supported.
try to send it back and get your money back :-(

Best regards Matthias