Unable to Save Edits in Putty

Posted by sniper_eyes 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Unable to Save Edits in Putty
March 28, 2018 12:06AM
Hello,

I just wanna ask why can't I save my edited configurations like on /etc/config/wireless and /etc/config/network on putty?
I'm using vi commands such as i - edit and :wq - save and quit. When I tried to enter after input of :wq nothing happens and it does not go to root@r2awa:. What is says is something like "no changes made..." and "q: overrides" What could seem to be the problem.Hope you could help me.

Thank you and Regards.

Snipy
Re: Unable to Save Edits in Putty
March 28, 2018 04:47PM
Sounds strange, did you use the ESC key to cancel your "i" - edit session?
Do you think/feel it more like an issue with Putty or in general with your OpenWrt box?

best regards Matthias
March 30, 2018 02:56AM
Yes Sir Matthias, I usually use the escape key and then :wq. I think the problem is with openwrt. Maybe I just need to reinstall piratebox again.

Thank you Sir for your quick response.

Best regards,
Snipy
March 31, 2018 07:34AM
I think, there is a hiccup with your putty session configuration. If that terminal does not send the ESC key correctly, you can't use vi .

Matthias
April 03, 2018 02:28AM
Thank you for your response Sir Matthias, I reinstalled piratebox and the save function is now working.

Regards,

Snipy
April 03, 2018 06:10AM
Ok, very strange!
Thanks for reporting back,

Cheers Matthias