TL-MR3020 Upgrade Problem

Posted by Angelicmew 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
TL-MR3020 Upgrade Problem
April 14, 2018 06:46PM
Hi there,

I've had a TP-Link MR3020 that was running version 0.6 of Piratebox for some time however today I tried to upgrade to newer version and I'm stuck at the post-installation.

Context first. I followed the instructions here and after it said "Rebooting..." I got a error message

Writing from openwrt-ar71xx-generic-tl-mr3020-v1-squashfs-factory.bin to firmware ...
Rebooting ...
Bus error

So I powered off the 3020, used an other memory stick and ran the mtd command again.
Left it for 1 hour 8 min and 50 seconds while watching a comedy show...

Came back, saw that all the LED's were on and tried to login via SSH which was a no go. So I logged in via telnet and continued the post-install.

However after setting root password and "timesave" option I tried to run the /opt/piratebox/bin/board-autoconf.sh command but my PirateBox does not have that folder. The only folders I see are

[*] bin
    [*] dev
    [*] etc
    [*] lib
    [*] mnt
    [*] overlay
    [*] proc
    [*] rom
    [*] root
    [*] sbin
    [*] sys
    [*] tmp
    [*] usr
    [*] www

also a "init" file and "var -> /tmp" symlink.

When I log onto the 3020 it says "12.09.2, R42647, V0.3-MaStr" if that helps.
So please could anyone help me get my PirateBox upgraded and running again? If you would be so kind as to start with how I might have screwed it up that would also be welcome.
Re: TL-MR3020 Upgrade Problem
April 21, 2018 01:41PM
Hi,
it seems the auto installation did not kick in.

Please post the output of these commands here:Technical summary

best regards Matthias
April 23, 2018 07:46AM
Hi Matthias,

I hope a pastebin link is Ok.

Technical summary
April 23, 2018 12:19PM
Hi,
yes perfect.
Do the following:
- Download a fresh copy of the install_zip
- Power off the PirateBox
- Take the USB stick to your computer
- Remove the install folder and the install.log file
- Extract a new copy of the install folder to the USB stick
- Remove the USB stick savely
- Put it to your PirateBox and power it on.

It seems that for some reason the auto_installer already run during your upgrade process (before the reflash was done).. So maybe that is the reason. With the steps above, you start of a fresh installation of the packages.

best regards Matthias
April 23, 2018 01:18PM
Brilliant! It is up and running now.

I thank you very much Matthias. I let it run for a while and then finished Post-Installation steps. Thank you very much.