NEW OPEN WRT IMAGE WORKING FOR TP-Link TL-MR13U >grinning smiley<

Posted by jmac928 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
NEW OPEN WRT IMAGE WORKING FOR TP-Link TL-MR13U >grinning smiley<
July 12, 2013 01:56PM
Good news........................ New OpenWrt image working on TL-MR13U
Please check this link
[forum.openwrt.org]

Latest firmware working
Click here to download the firmware

Oldest version of firmware
Click here to download the firmware (36674) and the packages

With this baby working....NOW EVERY USER could say good bye to external battery packs. This router is ideal for Piratebox and LibraryBox ...>grinning smiley<

TP-Link TL-MR13U battery lasts 31-32 hours. (this router have 2 usb , 1 that is used for connect any usb device , flash drive , hard drive, and the other usb can provide 2000 mAh of charging any usb device. or enough power to move any portable hard drive 1 -2 Terabytes...)

TL-MR13U US $40.83 with free shipping world wide
[www.aliexpress.com]

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2013 03:11PM by jmac928.
Re: NEW OPEN WRT IMAGE WORKING FOR TP-Link TL-MR13U >grinning smiley<
July 12, 2013 11:40PM
Photo gallery of mr13u
[www.flickr.com]
July 27, 2013 03:26PM
Latest version of working firmware

mr13u image

Tl-mr13 u Forum
[forum.openwrt.org]
July 27, 2013 08:12PM
I think - to be honest- this device is awesome!!

The community only have to work out a working openWRT image winking smiley ... Will do tests and so on soon.
August 04, 2013 03:06PM
PCB IMAGES OF TP-Link TL-MR13U
[forum.openwrt.org]
June 13, 2014 05:57AM
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but are there any updates on Piratebox working for MR13u? Can PB 1.0 install properly now?
June 13, 2014 09:55AM
Yes, of course. There is even an image for that including the auto installer.

check out this page: [piratebox.cc]
I got the TL-MR13U PB working, e.g. chat, file share, streaming etc.. between mutiple devices, however, I have two questions:
1- In order to get it working and connect I need to keep the installation USB pluged into the router; it will not connect without it, accordingly I can not have 3G internet at the same time.

2- how to install packages as mentioned @ this link [mega.co.nz]

many thanks for your help.
October 18, 2014 08:35PM
Hi,
yes. You have to use the USB Stick and leave it attached- and no, 3G is not possible.
MAYBE if you have a USB Stick with a microSD slot (and you transfer the files ). - But I only assume that.

What Is that for a link, for what is that stuff for?

Matthias
Thanks Matthias for the reply.

What Is that for a link, for what is that stuff for? "Actually that link was part of my confusion about packages that people installed and I thought I should do the same; I now realised that I do not need to."

The USB Stick with a microSD slot is actually very interesting, I will give it a go, in the meantime I suppose I could use regular HSDPA wireless Data Card when I am not using the Piratebox; I will need to work out how to configure the data Card (APN, IP, etc..) I guess that will be through editing /etc/config/network.

I am hope to use the PB for technical presentations and seminars where I can make information available to the attendees within the footprint of the local wifi (Pcool smiley, I am also considering using OPEN GARDEN, any thoughts?

Many thanks for your input.
October 20, 2014 02:03PM
I have no experience with OPEN GARDEN , sorry.

Matthias