How to customize the web UI (OpenWrt)

Posted by skilo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
How to customize the web UI (OpenWrt)
September 22, 2013 05:00PM
I have been wondering how you go about customizing the web UI on the openwrt version of PB, I tried editing the index.html page but PB seems to just ignore it or automatically generate it's own someway.

I did manage to change the web UI on the Raspberry pi version though but it seems not as easy as on the openwrt version.
Re: How to customize the web UI (OpenWrt)
September 23, 2013 03:42AM
Hi,
yes, customization on raspberry is much clearer or let's say 'more obvious'.
first, the index file on the USB stick is obsolete and I'd going to be removed in future.

on OpenWRT, the /opt/piratebox folder is not directly on the flash drive because of the tiny 'disk space"of the devices.
it is located on the USB stick in a file called pb_img_ws. img or something like that. can't look it up right now.

you can mount that file on your Linux system - or even the RPi - and edit the files then.

best regards
Matthias
September 23, 2013 05:13PM
Thanks Matthias i will give that a trysmileys with beer
September 23, 2013 09:27PM
Well i mounted the pb image in linux and uploaded my new index and css files to /www/ but now when i try to load the page the piratebox just keeps redirecting like it's stuck in a never ending redirect cycle lol.

I checked error logs and it says this:

1970-01-01 00:00:55: (log.c.166) server started 
1970-01-01 00:00:55: (server.c.968) WARNING: unknown config-key: url.access-deny (ignored)

Have any any ideas what might have went wrong? confused smiley

EDIT*

Oh and i am using Nagren's index and .css files from here: [github.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2013 09:31PM by skilo.
September 24, 2013 12:12AM
Nevermind, I must have corrupted the www directory somehow, I just copied nagrens pb.img over to the usb and now it seems to be working ok.
September 24, 2013 03:23AM
EDIT*

Nevermind everything is working ok now, You just have to copy the files from inside OpenWrt.

I Modified Nargrens theme a bit, Check it out here: [sourceforge.net]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2013 04:21PM by skilo.
September 24, 2013 06:10PM
I'm glad you got it working.

regards Matthias
May 16, 2019 09:57PM
HOW DID YOU CHANGE IT ON THE RPI I CANT SEEM TO GET IT