Language Subforums

Posted by Matthias 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Language Subforums
June 13, 2016 06:56PM
Hello PirateBox-People,

during the last weeks I got multiple requests for a language specific subforum. I still have some fear, that this will split up the tiny community. On the other hand it is better to have all people here in the discussion board instead of being spread across multiple pages.

Today, I created a French and a Spanish subforum. We are looking for a moderator who takes care about one forum.

This is an experiment and we will discuss how useful this segment is at the end of October.

Best regards
Matthias

This is only my signature.
Re: Language Subforums
July 01, 2016 08:47AM
Hello, that is a nice idea, you already know what i've done and still doing (very slow). I could moderate french if you want, I am living in paris, but unfortunally my big wired librarybox is too high for public smiling smiley
But first, you should know that Google Translate is very very bad at translating french (seriously) so here's my translation:

C'est un simple sous forum pour la communauté française. Le support n'est apporté que par des personnes francophones, mais devrait être un refuge pour ceux qui ne parlent pas anglais.

Here's your auto translation:
Il est un seul subforum pour la communauté française. Le soutien est seulement donnée par les francophones, mais devrait être un refuge pour les haut-parleurs non-anglais.

And the english version:
It is a single subforum for the french community. Support is only given by French speakers, but should be a haven for non-english speaker.
July 03, 2016 09:09AM
Hi,
thank you for your translation! I changed it and gave you moderation permissions for that subforum.

Any help is appreciated!

best regards
Matthias
September 26, 2016 08:44AM
Ho lol i just came back to this topic. Looks like french subforum disapeared
September 26, 2016 10:03AM
it is under the Link above "PirateBox OpenWrt"
September 26, 2016 10:20AM
Yeah, I only see spanish, i guess something is wrong with my new powers ?
September 26, 2016 11:05AM
ooohhhhhh

I AM SORRY. Good point, please try again. I think, that I messed that up-
September 26, 2016 12:08PM
perfect !
Ali
December 28, 2017 10:02AM
Hi Matthias.

As much as I'm big fan of this forum and IRC (better!), I can help translating to Turkish. I'm not an expert on GNU, OpenWrt or PirateBox but I can - at least - try to help people in Turkish.

To be fair, most of people got involved with PirateBox from Turkiye, would know English. But still, if you guys need any help, I'd be glad to help you.

Let's put a link here for people who searched for a Turkish guide:

Please delete this link if it's against the rules. "OpenWrt ile PirateBox Yapımı - Türkçe Anlatım" [blog.alisezisli.com.tr]
December 29, 2017 04:03PM
Hi,
thanks for the offer for moderating a Turkish subforum. Based on the experience down in the other subforums (no activity), I would not open a new subforum at this point in time.

The project appreciates any help. I try to avoid to create the howto in different languages, because I can not guarantee that these are recent. If you want to give us support anyway, it would be helpful to

- Test development builds
- Adjust/Fix PirateBox translation on the software
- Transfer stuff from the forum to the wiki and give help in the forum based on documentation in wiki/forum.
- And of course supply coding support :-)

best regards Matthias