Can't seem to access my Pirate Box

Posted by ValleyCrypto 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Can't seem to access my Pirate Box
August 07, 2014 05:47PM
Hi,

I been trying to start my Pirate Box project I thought it is a great idea & wanted to start a couple to give to a couple friends. I am not the most tech savviest person in the world so when I saw it on a youtube video I thought I could do it. Turns out there have been a couple problems I been running into. I asked some friends and they gave me both the MR3020 & MR3040 so I could try my luck.

My first attempt at the MR3020 I had gotten all installed and was able to get into OpenWRT but sadly I think I messed it up and now it is not running as smoothly. I am not receiving a signal and think I bricked it.

My second attempt I use the MR3040 saw it on a youtube got the explanation and ready to go at it again sadly I can not access it. Now I am stuck at step:

9. Once the installation is complete, open a terminal window (for OS X, go to Applications > Utilities > Terminal; for Windows, install and open PuTTY) and telnet to the device:

I tried 'telnet 192.168.1.1'

It still will not let me access it I can not change the passwd so now I want to try to see if I can save these guys if anyone can help me & guide me that would be amazing or I will be left two paper weights sad smiley
Re: Can't seem to access my Pirate Box
August 07, 2014 08:23PM
First of all: don't panic.

I don't believe the things are bricked, if you used the correct firmware files from our webpage (and/or run the mtd command correctly).

Did you ever tried to connect to the boxes via a ethernet cable?
Tried using failsafe mode? Tried to get at least failsafe access? [piratebox.cc]
Did you double check that page? [piratebox.cc]

regards

Matthas

This is only my signature.