Downloading files from Pirate Box

Posted by Davey767 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Downloading files from Pirate Box
November 15, 2014 07:28PM
Hey Everyone! smiling smiley i was just wondering if anyone had figured out how to download files they have put on their pirate box i was taking a look but i had no luck finding anything if anyone has any info on this id greatly appreciate it! smiling smiley
Re: Downloading files from Pirate Box
November 16, 2014 03:04PM
Davey,
I just recently put mine together and have been letting people at my work in on 'The Box', with this comes some things I didn't realize I would have be doing so much, tech support, lol. I'll share what I have been telling folks. These things are for Android based systems, like your phone. Streaming, for the best/smoothest playback I have found that the app vplayer is the best I've come across so far, playing a movie in your browser can be 'choppy'. Downloading, can be kind of tricky if your not too keen with your phone/tablet. What you need to do is go in to your settings of the phone/tablet, and then in to your application manager and clear out the default setting. For me, I like having a choice whenever I click on a link for a movie. So when I do click on video link, a Window will pop up asking me which app I want to execute the file with. You are gonna have to clear out the default settings of what ever app is automatically opening the file with., don't clear the cache.
In light of all the tech support I've been giving folks at my work, I've seriously been thinking about a 'how-to' page on the box.
Hope this helps!!
November 16, 2014 06:34PM
How to download the files? confused smiley

Well, click on "Files" at the top menu and then choose & click a file... that's it.

Matthias
November 17, 2014 03:00PM
mike that helps a little thanks smiling smiley i can stream fine its to download a copy of the file from the box to a pc, tablet, phone or whatever is something i still have to figure out *i don't even know if it's possible* but i only made mine the other day so im still messing with it, what i do know though is ths will be great in my cisco classes *tutors an ass so itll be cool to mess with with the class*
im getting off point so thanks again for your help XD good luck with your box too smiling smiley

Davey
Sorry for being a dunce, but when I do that I only stream a movie or music. How do I copy the file to my computer?
Thank you.
D
I put some more files on the PB and realized that it was easy to make subfolder (I thought it was like dumping in loot all jumbled up) and saw that yes, I can download a file if it is not mp3 or 4, jpeg(I think), etc.etc.
When it is mp3 or something, it automatically streams. I noticed my browser will give me a download option AFTER I stream, I think it is an app coming in to function on my firefox Browser. There must be another way and it is probably very obvious, but sometimes I can't find a hammer even when it is right in front of me. If there is a link to the answer, please direct me, I've checked through the search but didn't have too much luck.

I read your worry in the other thread, Mr. Matthais. Don't cry! I couldn't help but smile imagining you like Sponge Bob with the tears fountaining out from your eyes. He he. The project is really good. Read about it for a while and didn't ralize it was so easy to set up. I want to set it up at a radio station on an island in the Caribbean where I live. Everyone I've shown it to thinks it is great. We get a lot of tourists passing through and I shall prozeltyze the PirateBox. It is really nice. Wish I could help with tech.Thanks.
July 13, 2015 06:22PM
some browsers enable an included media player automatically instead of offering a download option.
If you want to download instead of streaming it, the advice is to use right click -> save link as

best regards Matthias

This is only my signature.