No upload dialogue in desktop browser

Posted by mavis 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
No upload dialogue in desktop browser
September 26, 2015 05:17PM
I'm really at the limit of my capabilities to have installed piratebox at all, it's the first time I've done anything with code, ssh etc. So sorry for needing what will probably be very basic help and explanations.

I love the idea of piratebox and for me it solves another problem I've been having for a while; easily sharing files between devices whilst offline.

Anyway. I've installed piratebox on a little gl.inet router (after previously bricking a mr3020) and things seem to be going OK, except that when using a desktop browser I'm unable to see the upload dialogue. Neither in chrome or safari.

It displays and works fine on mobile devices. So I assume it's something I'm missing on my laptop, it's the only machine I have so I can't check any further.

Is this because I'm missing some kind of plug-in on my laptop? Is it a flash or java thing?

Also. How do I set up a private directory so I have a private folder for sharing my own files between devices?

Thanks so much to the amazing people who made PirateBox. it's brilliant and I'm looking forward to seeing how people interact with it as I travel around.
Re: No upload dialogue in desktop browser
September 28, 2015 11:58PM
Hello mavis,

reagarding your first question:

Where is the upload button?:

This Forum article might help. A common issue might be, that your device is still connected to the home network.

For the private directory:

Check out this and scroll down to "Secured Directories". On the other hand, with that I encountered this problem. Maybe you find a solution :-(
At least it makes directories safe for the upload.

Best regards

Testbild
Re: No upload dialogue in desktop browser
September 29, 2015 10:51PM
Testbild is right. I posted a more clarifying post in the link thread.

regards Matthias

This is only my signature.