PirateBox on Android TV Box (it works!)

Posted by DeadEyesOpened 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
PirateBox on Android TV Box (it works!)
July 11, 2016 12:48AM
I just wanted to pop in and let readers know that my experience installing PirateBox for Android on an old "Enjoy TV" Media Box was easy and simply achieved by downloading and installing the app to the TV Box and starting it. These boxes come pre-rooted, so no need for that!

Lots more range than with Android phones, and with the "Start on Boot" checked, no need to set anything up when I plug it in.
Currently it is sitting at home sharing files between all the devices in our house, but I'll be looking into a battery setup to share files while "on the go" over the next week or so.
It was a lot easier than flashing a wireless modem with OpenWrt and starting services with telnet. It's also just a matter of seconds to get it installed and running.

Happy file sharing everyone.
Re: PirateBox on Android TV Box (it works!)
May 11, 2017 03:38AM
I just wanted to bump this thread and say my Android TV box has run constantly without issue for months. I replaced the SD card with a 16Gb one, so it's had one restart in that time.

Now to find a 12 volt mobile power solution for my daily commute on the train. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Re: PirateBox on Android TV Box (it works!)
June 15, 2017 11:19AM
a couple of pics: