php search script ?

Posted by avdl 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
php search script ?
April 09, 2015 01:19PM
Hello,
i discovered the piratebox some weeks ago.
I installed one as a librarybox to share files like books, movies, free opensource sofwares, cartoons and so on.
I collected sereval thousands of files and i think i'd need to dispatch those among folders just to make it faster to display the lists of files.
BUT, i think i'd need to give visitors the opportunity to search for files (words of the filename) across the foldertree from the welcome page (finding all file with name containing: animal farm huxley for example)
I tried to write one but did not succeed yet.
I guess somebody has been needing such tool and did perhaps work on it ?
Thanks for yours replies,
ava
Re: php search script ?
April 09, 2015 02:28PM
hi,
i just found a post from Steve Watkins; he says " I was able to parse that into a single text file with each citation on a single line and then wrote a PHP script to query that file for strings and substrings matching what the user entered as search terms. It was fairly easy to incorporate some simple Boolean search options into that search script."

i'm not looking for a script able to search a string into text files but rather for a script to find files who's name contains words i'm looking for ..
For sure, i'm not the only one ? confused smiley
regards,
avdl
April 16, 2015 09:37AM
Hello,
the php script i custumized works perfectly well on my desktop computer.
I copied the script files in /content/ folder.
When i try to launch that script from main page, content url shows a few seconds and welcome page comes back immediatly without any error message.
Did somebody please try such mods ?
Thanks for your replies,
avdl
May 12, 2015 06:43PM
sounds like a 404-file not found.
Try to figure out which file is missing, maybe turn off the redirect for testing. - edit the redirect.html for that or edit the lighttpd.conf

regards Matthias

This is only my signature.