MonkeyWiki

Posted by colorfield 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
MonkeyWiki
January 19, 2017 09:29PM
After hearing the name on these boards, I did a little looking and tried getting monkeyWiki up and running on my piratebox. It was EXTREMELY easy. Anyone that is wanting basic Wiki functionality should definitely check it out here: [www.waywood.co.uk]

It may just be related to my configuration, but here are some things that I have noticed:
Blockquotes, indents, and lists do not function as MonkeyWiki described. I think it may have something to do with the CSS I have for the header/footer (I made the header and footer match the theme and menu options of the rest of my box....which is all customized). All of the text formatting (bold, italics, headings) seems to work fine, as does the horizontal rule and all linking. I do not love using CamelCase for page linking as it necessitates pages having at least two words...but it is something I'm working with. If I can find a solution to the bullet issues in either the CSS or the python, I will update here. otherwise, I think this is a really great tool/addition to the pirateBox system.

Has anyone else found other wiki's to be better? Has anyone else used MonkeyWiki on a PirateBox without the problems I've described?

It is pretty easy, btw, to get the wiki added into the top menu, but does require doing so to a number of pages.