Installing on a Raspberry Pi board

Posted by josephchrzempiec 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Installing on a Raspberry Pi board
February 22, 2016 07:16AM
Hello Sense I'm kind of new to all this I really need help I have a raspberry Pi A+ board. I installed the image on a sd card and booted to it as well i can Putty into it over the network i have a Usb to Ethernet adapter which let me go over the local network and a Wireless linksys card that shows up when it boots. But here is my problem after login Either though the putty or local to the system i get to do sudo apt-get update and i get this error message.sudo: apt-get: command not found. I tried to follow this install guide [piratebox.cc] and sense I'm not a linux guy i do not know what to do can someone please Help me out?
Re: Installing on a Raspberry Pi board
February 22, 2016 07:17AM
Not sure what else i can do I'm stuck can someone please help me out thank you.
February 22, 2016 11:55AM
Hey,
the current RPi images are not based on a Debian distribution like Raspbian. Instead it is running the ARM version of Arch Linux. The equivalent to apt-get on Arch is pacman, so updating your system would be done like this:
pacman -Syu
February 22, 2016 04:40PM
Hello thank you. I tried to follow these steps and so lost on how to Configure my Raspberry pi to work with priatebox. I do not know what to do What are the steps to Get it up and running Because I'm looking at the Pi manual page and I get no where with it?
February 22, 2016 06:39PM
Hi,
mh, you mixed up two different howtos.

We have a DIY howto, that refers to the prebuild images, which are the easiest way to install PirateBox on a RPi.
The other manual is the "manual" setup, which is for more custom made configurations, based on Raspbian.

hope that helps to clarify.

best regards
Matthias

This is only my signature.
February 22, 2016 06:45PM
Thank you i will try this. I like this Project i think it has Great to offer and can do some awesome things. Will keep updating if any problems thank you. smiling smiley
February 22, 2016 06:49PM
You're welcome.
I also added a notice on the RPi-manual instruction, that might be less confusing for the future.

Thank you for your feedback. Let us know, if you have further problems.
February 22, 2016 07:46PM
Hello Raspbian “wheezy” is no longer available on there site it's not called RASPBIAN JESSIE is that okay?
February 23, 2016 01:00AM
Hello on the page Manual page i got to Edit network config file /etc/network/interfaces part and i do not know what to do next?
February 23, 2016 01:53AM
Hello just a update i went thought it and edit the network interface and i got

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

iface eth0 inet manual

#allow-hotplug wlan0
iface wlan0 inet manual
wpa-conf /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf

#allow-hotplug wlan1
iface wlan1 inet manual
wpa-conf /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf

so i saved it and i went though the list then i got to sudo /etc/init.d/piratebox start and this is what i got

[....] Starting script piratebox :
Generating hosts file ....
Generating dnsmasq.conf .....
Generating Environment-config for lighttpd .....
Empty tmp folder
rm: cannot remove ‘/opt/piratebox/tmp/’: Is a directory
Copy over design files
[ ok ] Starting hostap... :.
[....] Setting up wlan:Bringing up wifi interface wlan0
wlan0: ERROR while getting interface flags: No such device
..failed
[FAIL] failed setting up Interface ... failed!
February 24, 2016 12:58AM
Hello it looks like i finally got it up running it was a problem that was not related to installing it. From my last post it was a lan network problem when trying to start up.