Piratebox Redirect Issue

Posted by Rtc443 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Piratebox Redirect Issue
September 08, 2011 07:09PM
Okay so I finally got my Piratebox up and running after running into every problem and complication imaginable. Here's whats happening:
My problem:

If I try to load the web gui through 192.168.1.1 I get to the Luci black "preload" page but then after sometime it fails and does not load. (Note: Once I delete Piratebox, the router is in complete working order and i can log into the web interface.)
Also once connected to the network I never get redirected to the Piratebox page.

Now after deleting and re-installing Piratebox a couple times the only error I see is a message one before the install and after (a couple errors but all the same error), I apologize for not knowing the exact line off my head but I believe its listed as usb/mount failed something a long those lines. I can update this post with the exact error message once I get home and run the install again. So right now I'm kinda stumped as to how to fix the mount issue. If anyone has any ideas on how i could break the issue down or a direction they could lead me in i would very much appreciate it. Once again thanks everyone, sometimes this project requires a lot of patience and persistence.

Edit!! Log from terminal.
Password for root changed by root
Next time you log in, you must use ssh.
/etc/init.d/piratebox: Mounting external USB storage...
mount: mounting /dev/sda1 on /mnt/usb failed: Invalid argument
/etc/init.d/piratebox: ERROR: unable to mount USB storage

Loading defaults
Loading synflood protection
Adding custom chains
Loading zones
Loading forwardings
Loading redirects
Loading rules
Loading includes
Optimizing conntrack
Loading interfaces
Configuration file: /var/run/hostapd-phy0.conf
Using interface wlan0 with hwaddr 00:24:a5:d8:ce:99 and ssid 'PirateBox - Share Freely'

PirateBox wireless SSID: PirateBox - Share Freely
PirateBox DNS and hostname: piratebox
PirateBox LAN IP address: 192.168.1.1
PirateBox shared directory: /mnt/usb/PirateBox/Shared

Setup complete, PirateBox started.
You can remove the WAN connection now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2011 03:08AM by Rtc443.
Re: Piratebox Redirect Issue
September 08, 2011 07:33PM
You need to get the droopy script running.
If luci is still running, there is no redirect, no "welcome page" or shoutbox.

Best regards
Re: Piratebox Redirect Issue
September 08, 2011 07:42PM
Thanks for the response, so I'd imagine the droopy script isn't being started? I'm not quite sure how to go about starting it. So should I not be able to load the Luci page if everything is in working order? Sorry