PirateBox projects list

Posted by lostsys 
PirateBox projects list
October 14, 2014 08:59PM
Hi,

Per a quick chat on the IRC last week..

Here's an initial - probably Very partial - list of projects that make use of piratebox:

Librarybox:
[librarybox.us]

skateboard box?
[torrentfreak.com]
from this article: [torrentfreak.com]

Classroom box:
[linkis.com]

art galleries:
[github.com]

Palestine art "planting":
[beep.pm]

A mobile cloud:
[www.shareable.net]

A StoryBox:
[cogdogblog.com]

A treasureBox:
[openedconference.org]

CosmicBox:
[cosmicbox.leschatscosmiques.net]

(Thanks harribionic and LesChatsCosmiques)
Will be really good, I think, if we could just add to this initial list in the comments?
(Matthias' suggestion on the said IRC chat..)

Cheers and have fun!!



Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2016 07:27AM by Matthias.
Re: PirateBox projects list
October 15, 2014 11:23AM
I came across this not long back which made my jaw drop.

[cogdogblog.com]

Also liked how @petertgarner (twitter_handle) used his as a kind of community hub thing. At least that's what it reminded me of!

[twitter.com]
Re: PirateBox projects list
October 15, 2014 05:58PM
from [cogdogblog.com] they talk about seemingly to click the link and add stuff on a wiki. However this brings an alret saying the wiki is, as should be expected, on boxes..
Then, could be good to know wiki they might be using..

(in this link - [cogdogblog.com] - seems like pythonbased - monkeywiki)

Hummm..

a mix of v interesting with a bit confusing as well..?

cheers for the link!!

xx



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2014 06:01PM by lostsys.
Hey, can we add a link to our CosmicBox = LibraryBox + RasPi + other modifications ?
To read About > cosmicbox.leschatscosmiques.net
To read our first How-Tos > [cosmicbox.leschatscosmiques.net]

It's in French but our github provides the basic install script for LibraryBox on RasPi > [github.com]
and we should soon update all of it for some add-ons we tried : wikimedia, php contact form, new web interface, etc.

Onwards
Les Chats Cosmiques
Re: PirateBox projects list
October 17, 2014 08:25PM
Am wondering whether anonabox:
[www.theregister.co.uk]
might be somehow appropriate here..
Any ideas?
Re: PirateBox projects list
October 18, 2014 08:17AM
Nope, anonabox is not a PirateBox.
Re: PirateBox projects list
October 18, 2014 10:24AM
ok.. interesting because it sets a certain limits in assessing which are piratebox projects.. It places elements to seperate piratebox projects from other, perhaps similar, projects...

Would you say its not piratebox because:
1. the way it operates (eg, to anonimise internet connection)?
2. the fact it doesn't work with a piratebox software? (..as far as we know.. they seem to work with un-acknowledged forked hardware..)
3. the aim of the box? (which are not at all piratebox, but I have heard people talk of using or modifing piratebox for, at least, local mesh networks..)

Something else?

Cheers!
Re: PirateBox projects list
October 18, 2014 08:38PM
Please use "edit" to extend the first post smiling smiley

a mixture of all 3 points, but mostly because it is not based upon PirateBox Script's itself.
Re: PirateBox projects list
November 20, 2014 12:26AM
I think the install image's file section should be pre-populated with a copy of this list as an HTML file with embedded CSS, or something.
Re: PirateBox projects list
November 20, 2014 04:46PM
Hi mcfate,
I want to port this list to our wiki page piratebox.cc , but I' m not sure about "copy of this list as an HTML file ..." ?? Can you explain me the thought a bit more, please?

regards Matthias
Re: PirateBox projects list
November 26, 2014 12:49PM
I'm working on a similar thing to the classroom box, however this is more about open education rather than for in use in a classroom:

Here's the development page for KnowledgeBox on my website:

[knowledgebox.activisionary.org.uk]

feel free to add it to the list.



Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2014 11:11AM by Filial1.
Re: PirateBox projects list
March 20, 2015 07:15PM
Filial1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm working on a similar thing to the classroom
> box, however this is more about open education
> rather than for in use in a classroom:
>
> Here's the development page for KnowledgeBox on my
> website:
>
> [knowledgebox.activisionary.org.uk]
>
> feel free to add it to the list.

@Filial1 I like your cool blue theme, can you share your theme ?
Right now I'm trying to build solar powered pirate boxes in weatherproof cases that are easy to stick just about anywhere. Then make them part of a mesh network. If they're cheap enough, it could create a free self sustaining network. Dunno, it's a goal. I think I've got the price down below $40cad for the whole build, including 8gb storage. It's a little expensive for me to just throw them out of car windows, but it's also a prototype and proof of concept.
Re: PirateBox projects list
July 08, 2015 05:00AM

Not as cheap as your idea but maybe good for tests. Do you have any ideas on how to turn the pi(rate)box on/off with the sunlight?
Re: PirateBox projects list
April 22, 2016 07:05AM
Thank you for the Pirate Box. I am using it with Raspberry Pi 3.
Re: PirateBox projects list
April 26, 2016 07:41AM
Re: PirateBox projects list
April 28, 2016 04:43AM
ConnectBox
LibraryBox based, but hey still PirateBox
Re: PirateBox projects list
May 24, 2016 08:33AM
I don't know if this is the only place this list is kept but you should probably remove the links to noobgallery and digihub. The former is offline and the latter has been hacked.
Re: PirateBox projects list
May 29, 2016 07:27AM
Thanks, done smiling smiley
Author:

Your Email:


Subject:


Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
 ********  **         **     **  ********  **    ** 
 **        **    **   **     **  **        ***   ** 
 **        **    **   **     **  **        ****  ** 
 ******    **    **   **     **  ******    ** ** ** 
 **        *********  **     **  **        **  **** 
 **              **   **     **  **        **   *** 
 ********        **    *******   ********  **    ** 
Message: