ssh to piratebox from internet

Posted by north_1973 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
ssh to piratebox from internet
October 13, 2017 12:13AM
Hello,

I'm new user and just install piratebox to my MR3020 successfully. I'd like to know how I can ssh to piratebox from internet. I can ssh to piratebox inside my LAN but not success ssh from internet. I already do port forwarding from my internet router to my piratebox. My internet router(IP:192.168.1.1) and my piratebox(IP:192.168.1.210) is in the same subnet. Please let me know a suggestion.

Thank you.
Re: ssh to piratebox from internet
October 13, 2017 01:10AM
can you provide a screenshot of your router;s port-forward setting for your piratebox? Also when you connect to your piratebox from the outside, use your router's public IP not your local ip.

PirateBox Installs:
2x Zsun's (both testing, one with serial interface)
A5-V11 (mostly for OpenWRT testing DIY)
2x RPi Zero's
(one active in car 24/7, gets a lot of hits at Walmart, movie theaters and the mall)
2x RPi3's (both home servers, one Ubuntu custom install along side a ton of other services)
1x RPi2 (currently work server)
October 13, 2017 01:36AM
I have a NAS device in my lan which I can ssh to it from the internet without an issue. I use public IP by using no-ip ddns to help on this.

This link is my internet router port forward rule.

router port forward
October 13, 2017 02:31PM
October 14, 2017 01:17PM
The forwarding rule is ok.

What configuration changes did you do on the PirateBox to get it working with the your LAN address range 192.168.1.1 ?
If you are running on the WLAN interface of the PirateBox 192.168.1.x , then your gateway router 192.168.1.1 is in an address conflict, which is the reason why that configuration do not work.
October 16, 2017 01:26PM
I've fixed this issue already by update dropbear configuration file which missing 'wan' config.