Some help required (RaspberryPi build steps)

Posted by BlueSpider 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Some help required (RaspberryPi build steps)
June 08, 2015 08:42PM
Hi,
I thought everything was up and running, when i realized it was just the empty qemu devenvironment - not the final image.

sh install_packages.sh
tries to resolve some dependencies and is not able to download the required packages.

libmariadbclient-10.0.17-2-armv6h.pkg.tar.xz canot be downloaded, because it doest not exist at
mirror.archlinuxarm.org (Empty reply from server)

any ideas?
The arch_rpi_image_prepare files are 9 month old now and the depending packages have been changed on the mirrors since then.
Re: Some help required (RaspberryPi build steps)
June 11, 2015 04:12PM
Mh, ok. It seems that the time difference between "creating the installation tar.gz-file" and the current repository is too long. Archlinux is a rolling release, so thing may change fast sad smiley

I just wanted to write, that you need to add
pacman -Sy
to the script, but then I released it is there. So maybe additional steps for the correct mirror selection are now required.

the package dependencies itself should be solved in anycase... if not, a sync is missing or the archlinux repository has a defect.

Creating a PirateBox Archlinux package would simplify the installation as well. I started to work on one for LibraryBox, but haven't finished it yet. Technically it works without the de-installation I think... and I don't have optional dependencies added to the file: [github.com]

hope that helps
regards Matthias

This is only my signature.
Re: Some help required (RaspberryPi build steps)
June 12, 2015 10:51AM
I changed the mirrorlist, updated everything and it works! smileys with beer

Thank you for your hint about pacman.

regards
BlueSpider