Talk with developer-Day

Posted by Matthias 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Talk with developer-Day
May 06, 2012 08:22AM
Hi,
what do you think about a fixed date every week, like consultation-hours in doctor's office, to talk about stuff in IRC ?

Matthias
Re: Talk with developer-Day
May 06, 2012 12:22PM
I Like that Idea. But keep in mind everyone is in different time zonesthumbs up It is 8:20am here now but 2:20pm where you are. so this might present a problem I am not sure where other developer are located.

nothing to see here, no longer here.
May 06, 2012 05:30PM
yes, I know about that... I would choose a time which is acceptable for US&Europe Timezone
May 06, 2012 08:51PM
I think this is excellent, I can probably attend and almost any time during the summer.
May 10, 2012 08:37PM
I think that's a good idea. About time I think that it should be given in GMT so none gets confused, and every one make it's own conversion to match to the local timezone.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2012 10:38AM by Vaur.
May 21, 2012 03:17PM
Agreed, I was actually just going to post this.
July 15, 2012 10:05PM
How bout using Google+ Hangouts?

July 16, 2012 03:37AM
I don't want to rely on Google ... I'm currently trying to push him away from my life on the internet.
July 16, 2012 08:47AM
Vaur,
Unfortunately Google isn't going anywhere for decades. I like Google for most things

July 16, 2012 02:47PM
Well less I see Google, better I am, it's like having a virus on most of website ...
August 24, 2012 07:43PM
Diaspora and Priv.ly, it fits the community better. winking smiley Also, I'M BAAAAACK
August 24, 2012 08:10PM
Hey,
I'm happy you are back grinning smiley
If you haven't recognized already, I ordered more webspace (primary for uploading piratebox-repository) which can be used.
Can you provide some links?

Matthias
August 24, 2012 10:12PM
Priv.ly should be used for social network (twitter / goog+) so we can have control over our data: https://priv.ly/
Check out the about page on that for more info.

Diaspora was another kickstarter project for a decentralized social network where you control your data: https://joindiaspora.com/

I personally like having control of my data and whether or not I can turn as invisible as possible whenever I need. I think these might allow us a little of all of these.