Chatbox speed.

Posted by someguy 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Chatbox speed.
May 09, 2012 05:13AM
I was frustrated by the performance of the chat software. It was slow to load and left a surprising number of sockets in TIME_WAIT (which is ok), and CLOSE_WAIT( which was surprising to me). Then I noticed that dmesg was saying that SYN cookies were enabled, which implies that the SYN backlog was getting high.

I didn't think to check, but it might be worth doing a sysctl -w net.ipv4.tcp_max_syn_backlog=some_bigger_number, or simply disabling syncookies. I don't have a good testbed, but I could take the piratebox into a coffee shop & try to tune the numbers.

I disabled chat from the main page, which sped things up nicely. I'll probably stick with that, since I've never seen people use it. What can I help do to make things less bad? A patch to make chatbox optional or vanish from the main page when the load gets high?
Re: Chatbox speed.
May 09, 2012 08:09AM
you've got a PM
Re: Chatbox speed.
January 15, 2014 09:46PM
mate.paszi@gmail.com

link
    [*] ...
    [*] ...
df
Language: PHP
$a = 1; if ($a == 1) { echo "true"; } else { echo "false"; }