Turn on LAN

Posted by cgcarter1 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Turn on LAN
July 24, 2015 03:04PM
Hi,

New to PirateBox and did an install from the image to the SDCard.
Install was amazingly simple and I was up and running with the forums and everything in short order.
I have SSH turned on through raspi-config, however my lan is turned off.
Of course, I can connect through WiFi and that puts me into the natural order of PirateBox (Shows homepage ...etc...)
What I would like is to setup the lan0 to pick up a dhcp address on reboot so that I can change some of the pages. I am a web developer by trade and would like to rearrange and personalize some of the pages. I know where they exist and can get to them locally however, my development tools are on another machine so the SSH to get to the files would be a big help.
The typical way to accomplish this would be to go to etc/network/interface but the network folder has been removed from the etc directory. How do I turn on lan0?
Considering the setup of piratebox, this should not interfere with the wan0 which is used by DNSMASQ as the hosting service for Piratebox.
Hoping someone can point me in the right direction...

Thanks
ganastor
Re: Turn on LAN
July 26, 2015 04:28AM
I made a similar mistake my second time around.. the official image is based on Arch. etc/betwork/interfaces is a debian thing. Do also make sure that your ip gateways aren't colliding either.. I also made that mistake momentarily on my 3rd build with openwrt
Re: Turn on LAN
August 02, 2015 08:12AM
Hi,

the PirateBox scripts configure the dnsmasq daemon to run only on the configured infterface winking smiley
In short: Yes, dnsmasq does not interfere, it runs only on wlan0

best regards

Matthias

This is only my signature.