/etc/network/interfaces

Posted by Pirateboxcove211 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
/etc/network/interfaces
May 08, 2015 05:44PM
Hi again,
I guess im a bit of a noob at programming since i have all these problems.eye rolling smiley
I don't understand how to mod the network interfaces file. Is there any way anyone could copy paste that file nto ths forum? I would really be grateful!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Thanks,
Pirateboxcove211
Re: /etc/network/interfaces
May 08, 2015 05:46PM
To be exact, the modified edition of the network nterfaces file(after changing the original edition on the raspberry pi)
One other piece of info, the manual diy edition s the one i am using.
Thanks
(just type the /etc/network/interfaces file nto this forum, i will type t from there.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2015 05:49PM by Pirateboxcove211.
No internet broadcast
May 05, 2015 08:30PM
Hi,
I am setting up a raspberry pi piratebox. All the pacakges start up fine, and there are no errors at all. But, I can not get a signal from the raspberry pi. I am doing the manual diy setup. Whenever i go to 192.168.77.1 my computer can not load it, nor get a connection from piratebox. How do you fix this?
Re: No internet broadcast
May 06, 2015 05:31PM
You see no wifi network?
Can you verify that hostap is running?
What is the name of your wifi card?
May 06, 2015 07:18PM
Hostap starts up perfectly fine, no errors. The card is made by realtek, as far as my computer says.
May 06, 2015 07:25PM
Its on this website (ebay): [www.ebay.com] (The one that saays 802.11 b) if you didn't know)
It's exact model is: Wireless Wifi Adapter Realtek 8188CU (same onboard processor? as the Edimax EW-7811Un)
May 06, 2015 08:05PM
May 07, 2015 11:23PM
Hi,
Sorry to bother you again. The internet adapter blew out. I am using ethernet, and I modded the /network/interfaces file. Whenever the raspberry pi starts, it says: ifup: couldn't read interfaces file "etc/network/interfaces" failed. Is there anyway anyone could copy/paste the netork interfaces file into this forum? It would be greatly apprieciated! Thanks!
P.S (If you copy paste could you get the ethernet version on this forum?)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2015 11:24PM by Pirateboxcove211.
May 12, 2015 06:48PM
are you using raspbian?
or are you using our image?

This is only my signature.
May 12, 2015 09:43PM
Raspbian, manual diy, yup, no errors on startup just no network
May 19, 2015 04:21PM
uhm. ok, I think I need to setup a testing box to reproduce it.
Can you post your interface config file here?

This is only my signature.
loathing
June 07, 2015 05:02AM
I'm have a Pi2B using the solution mentioned here: [forum.piratebox.cc]

Everything seems to be worked except that I can't SSH into the box, I suspect this might be caused by the "ifup: couldn't read interfaces file "etc/network/interfaces" failed" error.

Any advice?