Raspberry Pi 3 and built in Wifi - Boot Issue

Posted by mailme.mdimran 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Raspberry Pi 3 and built in Wifi - Boot Issue
October 30, 2016 01:54PM
Hi All,

I am a newbie to Raspberry Pi . I have Pirate box installed on Tp Link 3020 and it works like a charm. I have bought a Raspberry Pi 3 to try out the same. In the DIY USB Wi-Fi Adapter is added in "Stuff you will need". But Raspi 3 has an inbuilt already. Do I still have to buy a new external Wifi Adapter ?? .

I just went along with the installation without an external Wifi Adapter but Raspi dint boot.. I thought I have got a defective product. But i am able to boot NOOBS and do everything.

Could somebody please let me know how do i do it for Raspi 3 ?

Hoping for a quick response.

Regards,
Imran
Re: Raspberry Pi 3 and built in Wifi - Boot Issue
November 20, 2016 08:32AM
Hello,

the DIY mentions a USB adapter for Wi-Fi as the RPi 1 for example didn't have an on-board adapter. I do not have an RPi3, but after a quick search I think the BCM43438 chip can operate in AP mode and therefore should work.

Installation therefore should be as described, using the image for the RPi3. Did you follow the guide step-by-step?A common issue is that a step gets left out by mistake and works in most cases for the second try.

If you have tried again and it still doesn't work, please report back. Also, giving additional information might help troubleshooting.

Ubuntuhak, playing and tinkering with Ubuntu!
Re: Raspberry Pi 3 and built in Wifi - Boot Issue
November 27, 2016 09:06AM
Hi Nargren,

Sorry for my late reply . There was some issue with the image that i had downloaded. After cribbing over it i decided to freshly download an image and tried running on it and it worked !!! Viola !!

Thanks for your response smiling smiley