Cannot copy shared files to SD card

Posted by jackrooster 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Cannot copy shared files to SD card
August 07, 2017 04:44PM
Hi. I am running Piratebox on a Raspberry Pi 3. I originally installed PBox using a USB drive for my shared directory, but recently reinstalled PBox on a larger sd card with the shared folder on the SD card so I could have a smaller overall package and free the USB drive for other uses. The problem is, through the PBox interface, I can only upload one file at a time. I need to add a few thousand - too many to do one at a time. When I plug the SD card into my laptop I can see the Shared directory but cannot copy any files into it because of something to do with permissions. When I used the USB drive for my shared storage, I had no problem copying files to the PBox Shared directory on the USB drive using my laptop. It's OS is Linux Mint 18.2 Mate but I am by no means a Linux expert. Can someone help me? Thanks.
Re: Cannot copy shared files to SD card
August 08, 2017 06:04AM
Hi,
try to change the permissions of the folder. I think you will need sudo rights to do this.
You can perform the change on Piratebox it self or on your Mate Linux.

On Piratebox
sudo chmod 1777 /opt/piratebox/share/Shared

Similiar on Mate in the Terminal:
sudo chmod 1777 <path to Shared folder>

best regards
Matthias