PiRate Box Home Page Not Connecting

Posted by 20ryabovma 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
PiRate Box Home Page Not Connecting
November 09, 2017 03:14AM
I have installed piratebox on my raspberry pi 3 and I cannot seem to get the home page to redirect. So if I type 192,168.1.1 it doesn't redirect me to the pirate box homepage. I can ssh into the box.
*EDIT I am able to connect via phone but not normal browser*
Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2017 04:12AM by 20ryabovma.
Re: PiRate Box Home Page Not Connecting
November 09, 2017 04:06PM
Strange, I have raspberry 3 and it works well, the address is 198.168.77.1 ,with HTTPS pages does not work but this is normal
the problem is that if some phones do not detect the internet connection goes automatically to data connection and then the redirect does not work

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2017 04:21PM by chine.
November 10, 2017 05:00AM
The OP did use the wrong ip 192.168.1.1 , on RPi the IP is 192.168.77.1

Maybe, on your client you are using a static IP for DNS.

best regards
Matthias
I'm having same problem as OP. I can ssh into it, I can access it with a smart phone. Pretending to be a user and using a laptop with Windows 7 and Firefox or IE, I cannot see anything. It says my internet is limited on the wifi bar, and when I try to enter any address, it will not go to the piratebox homepage. I even tried 192.168.1.1, which is what ipconfig tells me the default gateway is.
Did the following to fix it.
sudo systemctl stop dnsmasq
sudo systemctl disable dnsmasq
sudo systemctl restart piratebox

Windows Computer cmd.exe window
ipconfig/release
ipconfig/renew

seemed to cure the problem.

Weird. It works now though, thanks.
December 17, 2017 06:54AM
Hi,
thank you for posting this solution. Is this solution based on our RPi image, which we prepare for PirateBox on the RaspberryPi? If yes, did your run an update?
On our default image, dnsmasq is deactivated during image generation: chroot-installation-script

Best regards Matthias
jp
December 20, 2017 09:33AM
Hello
i think have the same problem : i can't access to the home page of pirate box

i have a pirate box on rpi3 and i try to connect with an other rpi3 (raspbian strech)
the rpi is connected with wlan on piratebox share freely !

but 192.168.77.1 in firefox or chromium return this message .
adress unreachable

Does the pb come from the other rpi3 or from piratebox config ?

Thanks for help
December 20, 2017 09:41AM
If you are working with a self installed Piratebox, make sure you disabled the default dnsmasq and lighttpd before starting PirateBox. Compare to our armbian HowTo, we disable all default enabled services during installation.